CEO Dare to Cure 2020
Participant Terms and Conditions: In entering the Dare to Cure 2020 event I agree to the following terms & conditions:
1. As part of the event I will voluntarily undertake an activity (or activities) which will be designed to be personally challenging for me (“the Dare/s”), to be determined and organised by Children’s Cancer Institute.
2. I will undertake the Dare/s and participate in the event to raise funds for Children’s Cancer Institute and following the conclusion of the event I will provide to Children’s Cancer Institute all funds I have raised along with photographs and other documentation of the Dare/s.
3. I understand and acknowledge that the Dare/s may be a potentially dangerous activity and I will properly consider any risks before undertaking the Dare/s. The decision to participate in the Dare/s is entirely my own and I accept and assume all risks and liabilities associated with participation in the Dare/s, including but not limited to loss of life, personal injury, property damage or economic loss of any description. I acknowledge that Children’s Cancer Institute makes no representation or warranties in relation to the safety of the event including the Dare/s.
4. In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my participation in the event for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, I:
(a) waive, release and discharge Children’s Cancer Institute, its directors, staff, agents and independent contractors, volunteers and sponsors (“the Indemnified Parties"), from all and any liability including all claims or causes of action which I might otherwise have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss, or damage of whatever kind suffered or sustained by me arising directly or indirectly out of my participation in the event including my participation in the Dare/s.
(b) Indemnify the Indemnified Parties against any claim, action, liability, loss, damage, cost or expense that the Indemnified Parties incur or are liable for as a result of my participation in the event including my participation in the Dare/s.
5. I acknowledge that Children’s Cancer Institute will not insure me or my employer in relation to any aspect of the event including the Dare/s, and I undertake that I will take out all necessary insurance to cover my participation in the event including the Dare/s.
6. I agree to abide by all laws relating to the conduct of the Dare/s & any rules or terms and conditions of any third party involved in the Dare/s.
7. I attest that I am physically fit to participate in the Dare/s and I consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the Dare/s.
8. I consent to the use of any or all of my name, image, job title and employer details, voice and statement to promote the event in any form of media without payment or compensation.
Privacy Notice: Children’s Cancer Institute understands the importance of protecting your privacy and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988. We collect your personal information to register you as a participant in our events and for the purpose of issuing you with a valid tax invoice. We may also disclose your personal information for fundraising and marketing purposes, such as sending you details about other activities, special offers or promotions by Children’s Cancer Institute and our sponsors.
If you do not consent to your personal information being disclosed by Children’s Cancer Institute, you can opt out by emailing us at email@example.com
You can find more information about how we handle your personal information by visiting https://www.ccia.org.au/privacypolicy/.